King Air Landing Gear Inspection/Overhaul
We offer a “custom” common sense approach to the FAA mandated inspection and overhaul requirements for the Beechcraft King Air series landing gear components. Our extensive in-house inspection and overhaul capabilities cover every component in the King Air landing gear system including mechanical actuators and gearboxes.
Each component undergoes a thorough in-house inspection/overhaul process which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Incoming / hidden damage inspection
- Disassembly, cleaning, removal of all coatings
- In-process inspection, including visual, mag-particle, eddy current, and dye penetrant NDT (non-destructive testing)
- Dimensional measurement for wear
- Repair or replacement of unserviceable parts
- Chemical conversion coatings including Alodine or mag-coat and Cadmium Plate
- Reassembly and testing
- Refinish with epoxy polyalamide primer and Jet-Glo polyurethane topcoat to seal out moisture and discourage corrosion
- Final assembly, final test, final inspection
Trace Aviation is very sensitive to and aware of the high cost of replacing parts that are worn beyond allowable limits. Examples of our effort to keep costs down are:
- Shock absorber cylinder bearings are repaired in-house using our FAA approved process specification with electric deposition brush plating equipment and methods.
- Approved processes are also used for the repair of worn bores or bushings when permitted.
- When a part must be replaced we search inventory databases to find the best price on approved replacement parts.
Call us at (601) 936-3599 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Back to Our Services list